Message from the Board of Directors - Sept. 2022
Fellow Rooster Tails:
As we sit watching the fires in our state, and particularly in our neighborhood, let's take a moment and reflect on how quickly life can take an unexpected turn. Be sure to protect yourselves from the heat and smoke and be sure check in on your friends and family that are directly affected by the fire. We all will hold those directly affected in our thoughts. Be safe.
Our speaker for this month's breakfast is Mike Walker, the club's Vice-President. Mike will talk on smoking fish and would like members to bring their favorite brine recipe. Mike also suggested we print out copies so we can share with attendees. We are assuming there are no state secrets involved! See you on the 16th!
Registration for the Jackpot contest, raffle ticket sales and “for sale” table continue. We can always use more help on the Board of Directors so if interested please let us know. See you on the 16th for the breakfast meeting at the Auburn Elks Lodge. Doors open at 7am, breakfast at 8am, speaker at 9am and the raffle will follow the speaker.
If you would like to submit a report of your recent fishing trips, please send one to firstname.lastname@example.org We would love to add it to our newsletter. Photos are welcome!
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you Friday the 16th!
- If you would like to participate in the Jackpot contest, sign up at the Friday meeting or contact Ed Pigeon at 707-480-3326 or email@example.com.
- A For Sale table will be set up in the back for members to sell off unwanted fishing gear.
- Rooster Tails Board of Directors Meeting - September 12
- Rooster Tails Monthly Breakfast Meeting - September 16
- Rooster Tails Board of Directors Meeting - October 17
- Rooster Tails Monthly Breakfast Meeting - October 21
- October Breakfast Meeting will feature Mike Peckham of MJP River Adventures and Guide Service speaking on fishing Pyramid Lake
- November Breakfast Meeting features James Netzel of TightLines Guide Service
More Benefits Our Members Enjoy
Monthly $15 wide-selection buffet Breakfast Meetings for Members & and
Breakfast meetings include a 30 minute seminar by expert fishing guest
Members-Only fun fishing outings with cash & other prizes.
Members-Only Jackpot fishing contests.
Members free Informative Monthly Newsletter & Current Website Info.
Adventure Travel Camping & Fishing Outings.
Members & invited guests Annual Holiday Banquet & party.
Member Group Purchase Discounts on fishing gear & guided fishing.
Free Fishing Magazines & Related Literature
Summer conditions are in full swing with warm to hot temperatures with monsoonal rain in the upper elevations. Fishing has been good in many areas from the high Sierra to the coast. Ocean Salmon and Rockfish bites are so-so to wide open depending on the day. Kokanee, trout, and landlock kings are available at many local lakes. Kokanee are starting to turn so the time is now for big Kokanee before they completely turn to spawning condition. Water temperatures are on the rise, resulting in deeper fishing for coldwater species. Get out and enjoy the water while lake levels are still high enough and ramps are in the water.